Description: Air Canada pilots have ratified a 10-year collective agreement that the airline describes as a “landmark” deal.
Source: Canadian Press – Canadian Labour Reporter
- Earlier Financial Post story
- Air Canada media release
- Union statement
- Earlier update
- Air Canada Pilots Association
- Air Canada
Questions for discussion:
- Ten-year collective agreements are rare. What advantages might there be for such agreements?
- What disadvantages can you think of?
- What does the company say it gained from the agreement?
- What does the union say it gained from the agreement?
- The agreement replaces one imposed by an arbitrator that was set to expire in 2016. Consult your text: How does arbitration work? Why might the two parties want to negotiate a new agreement?