Description: After gaining a four-year contract with General Motors, Unifor is moving on to talks with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.
Source: The Toronto Star
Questions for discussion:
• What are the chief features of the new contract between GM and Unifor?
• What is the difference between a defined-benefit pension and a defined-contribution pension?
• Which type of pension plan would you want if you were a company owner? An employee?
• Consult your text: what is pattern bargaining?
• What are the pros and cons to such an approach?