Description: The Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario will be meeting again with the provincial government, pulling back from a threat of job action starting in October.
Source: The Toronto Star
- National Post story
- Earlier update
- The Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario
- The Ontario Ministry of Education
- School Boards Collective Bargaining Act, 2014
Questions for discussion:
- Consult your text: what is a mediator? At what stage in the collective bargaining process does a mediator become involved?
- Again, consult your text: what is an unfair labour practice?
- What is the basis of the elementary school teachers’ unfair labour practice complaint?
- Why did talks stall in mid-September?
- What are rotating strikes? In what circumstances would a union prefer rotating strikes to a total walkout?