Description: Organizing Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada Inc. in 2014 is a key priority for Unifor, Canada’s largest private sector union.
Source: Financial Post
- Globe and Mail story
- Windsor Star blog
- Canadian auto plants have cost advantage
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada Inc.
- Previous update
Questions for discussion:
- Why does Unifor think this is a good time to unionize Toyota?
- How has Toyota resisted unionization so far?
- Who does Unifor represent?
- Consult your text: what steps have to be taken to unionize a workplace?
- What is an application for certification?