Description: Ontario Liberals and New Democrats are hitting back at a Conservative pledge to make the province a “right-to-work” jurisdiction.
Source: Canadian Labour Reporter
- Tim Hudak promises “right-to-work”
- Tories say “right-to-work” creates manufacturing jobs
- A U.S. organization that favours “right-to-work”
- The AFL-CIO’s view on “right-to-work”
Questions for discussion:
- What is “right-to-work”?
- Do you believe the term is an accurate description of the concept? Why or why not?
- What is the Rand formula?
- Consult your textbook: what is the history of the Rand formula?
- Do you think making Ontario an “right-to-work” province would be a good idea? Why or why not?