Description: An arbitrator has ruled that members of the B.C. Health Sciences Association must get a flu shot or wear masks during flu season.
Questions for discussion:
- Briefly summarize the events that led to this decision.
- Why did the arbitrator conclude that the requirement to have a flu shot or wear a mask was a reasonable policy?
- What effect will this have on health-care workers?
- Do you agree with this decision? Discuss.
- If you were a health-care worker, would you get the flu shot or wear a mask? Why?