Description: Leaders of the Telecommunications Workers Union have voted to begin a merger process with the Steelworkers union.
Source: Canadian Labour Reporter
- Telecommunications Workers Union
- United Steelworkers Union
- TWU merger update
- A history of the USW
- An earlier merger between the USW and the IWA
- A list of mergers involving the Canadian Auto Workers union
Questions for discussion:
- Consult the Related Links above: Who does the TWU represent?
- Who does the USW represent?
- What are the next steps in the merger process?
- Consult your text: What are the pros and cons of such a merger?
- Why do you think the TWU is taking this step at this time?
- If you were a TWU member, how do you think you would vote?