Description: Federal Labour Minister Lisa Raitt has intervened in a dispute involving Atlantic Canada airport security screeners, but the union says the move is “premature.”
Source: The Canadian Press
- CTV story
- Earlier story from the Globe and Mail
- Securitas Transport Aviation Security Ltd.
- United Steelworkers, District 6
- Canada Industrial Relations Board
Questions for discussion:
- What, exactly, has Lisa Raitt done in this dispute?
- Why does the union believe it’s premature?
- What are the issues in this dispute?
- What is the role of the Canada Industrial Relations Board?
- Based on what you have studied in this course and what you know about this dispute, do you agree with Raitt or the union?