Description: Communications, Energy and Paperworkers union members have voted at their annual convention to merge with the Canadian Auto Workers union, forming Canada’s largest private-sector union.
Source: Canadian Labour Reporter
- CTV story
- CBC story
- Communications, Energy and Paperworkers Union of Canada
- Canadian Auto Workers union
- Earlier update
Questions for discussion:
- How many workers will the new union represent?
- Why does the CEP president believe this move is a “step forward for progressive people” in Canada?
- What are the next steps in the process of creating the new “super union”?
- What are the advantages of this merger from the members’ point of view?
- What could be the disadvantages?