Description: The Ontario Public Service Employees Union is boycotting the Ontario Federation of Labour convention.
Source: Canadian Labour Reporter
- Statement from OPSEU
- OPSEU home page
- Toronto Star story about the OFL convention
- Press release advertising the convention
Questions for discussion:
- What is the role of a provincial labour federation?
- How do you think this boycott will affect the OFL’s ability to perform that role?
- The OPSEU statement doesn’t say why they are boycotting the convention. Why do you think the union issued the statement?
- Why do you think they worded the statement the way they did?