Description: York University law prof David Doorey is posting what he calls the Bad Employer Sunshine List, saying Canadian employers often ignore employment standards law with impunity.
Source: Doorey’s Workplace Law Blog
- The Ontario government’s list of convicted employers for August, 2011
- The Ontario Employment Standards Act
- The Ontario Ministry of Labour employment standards page
- The Fairness at Work report, by Harry Arthurs
Questions for discussion:
- What is the Bad Employer Sunshine List?
- Why is Dr. Doorey posting this list on his blog?
- What do you think of the idea?
- What kind of workers are most affected by employment standards laws?
- How many Ontario employers were convicted in August?
- What was the usual penalty?