Description: Unifor and Ford of Canada have reached a tentative agreement after a tense round of talks. The tentative agreement includes a $700 million investment by the auto maker in its Canadian plants.
Source: Canadian Press/National Newswatch
Questions for discussion:
• What are the key points of this tentative agreement?
• Consult your text: what is pattern bargaining?
• Consult the Related Links: why did the union have difficulty carrying out pattern bargaining in this case?
* What were Ford’s objections to the Unifor proposals?
• What was the cause of friction between the Unifor locals in Windsor and Oakville?