Description: The Regina Qu’Appelle Health Region has laid off 20 workers, prompting complaints from the Saskatchewan Union of Nurses that mental health services will be jeopardized.
Source: Global News
• Earlier story
• CBC story
• Story about health region’s deficit
• Service Employees International Union president responds to Saskatoon layoffs
• Regina Qu’Appelle Health Region
• Saskatchewan Union of Nurses
Questions for discussion:
• What reason does the health region give for these layoffs?
• What is the union’s response?
• Read the Related Links: which side do you think makes the best argument?
• What does the collective agreement between the Regina Qu’Appelle Health Region and the nurses union say about layoffs like these?