Description: A federally appointed special mediator has helped Canada Post and the Canadian Union of Postal Workers reach a tentative agreement in a dispute that threatened to stop mail across the country.
Source: The Toronto Star
Questions for discussion:
• Consult your text. What is ratification?
• What is the role of a mediator?
• Summarize the issues in this dispute.
• Why do you think some of these issues were particularly hard to resolve?
• How long were these negotiations going on?
• What do you think is the future of Canada Post?