Description: Toronto city council has voted unanimously to approve a new collective agreement with the city’s outside workers. Inside workers remain without an agreement.
Questions for discussion:
• What sort of jobs do Local 416 members do?
• What are the key elements of the new agreement?
• What effect will this contract have on union members’ job security?
• What is the so-called “jobs for life” provision?
• Knowing what you know about this contract, would you vote in favour of it if you were a member of Local 416?