Description: Ambulance New Brunswick and the union representing paramedics have reached a compromise on bilingual services, but the union insists there is “no deal.”
Questions for discussion:
• Summarize Ambulance New Brunswick’s “new plan on bilingual services.”
• What is the union’s response to this plan?
• What kind of workers does the recent “compromise” cover?
• Given the statement on local 4848’s website that there is “no deal,” how would you describe the relationship between the two sides?
• Can you see a way to serve the members of the public in their own language without discriminating against unilingual workers?