Description: Municipal workers in Quebec walked off the job for one day to protest provincial government plans to restructure their pensions.
Questions for discussion
- What is the Coalition syndicale pour la libre négociation?
- What is Bill 3? How would it change Quebec public workers’ pensions?
- Listen to the audio clip on the CBC site titled “are municipal workers ‘not in touch with reality.’ ” Why does the government think the workers are out of touch?
- What is the union response?
- What do you think? How important is public opinion in a dispute like this?