Description: The Canadian Union of Postal Workers is going to court to challenge Canada Post’s plans to phase out home mail delivery in urban centres.
- Canadian Union of Postal Workers
- The CUPW “Save Canada Post” campaign
- Edmonton Sun story
- News story: Canada Post plans to phase out home delivery
- Canada Post
- Community mailboxes
Questions for discussion:
- What does the union want the courts to do?
- What does the union intend to argue before the court?
- What do you think of the union’s arguments?
- Why does Canada Post say it is necessary to phase out home delivery?
- What do you think about phasing out home mail delivery?