Description: A B.C. Supreme Court justice has ruled that the B.C. government did not act in good faith in its dealings with the B.C. Teachers’ Federation and has fined the government $2 million.
Source: The Globe and Mail
Questions for discussion:
- Why did the judge fine the government $2 million?
- Why did the judge find the government’s legislation was unconstitutional?
- Why did the judge conclude the government had not bargained in good faith?
- What has been the government’s response?
- What are some of the impacts of this decision?