Description: The general counsel for the United Food and Commercial Workers Canada union is calling changes to the federal government’s Temporary Foreign Worker Program a “smokescreen” and adds that one provision is “absolutely unconscionable.”
Source: The Toronto Star
- Globe and Mail story
- Global TV story
- The Temporary Foreign Worker Program
- The new amendments
- Earlier update
Questions for discussion:
- What is the Temporary Foreign Worker Program?
- What caused the federal government to review it?
- What changes are particularly upsetting to the UFCW and other critics?
- What is the government’s explanation for the changes?
- What is your opinion of the changes?