Description: B.C. New Democratic Party leader Adrian Dix has refused to speak to the B.C. Nurses’ Union, which has been condemned for raiding by the B.C. Federation of Labour and the Canadian Labour Congress.
Source: The Vancouver Sun
- B.C. Nurses’ Union
- Hospital Employees’ Union
- Earlier news story
- News story regarding the BCNU and licensed practical nurses
- The B.C. NDP
Questions for discussion:
- Consult your text: what is raiding?
- What are the arguments against raiding?
- What arguments are used in favour of raiding?
- Do you think raiding is justified? Explain.
- Why do you think raiding provokes such strong emotions?