Description: The Public Service Alliance of Canada is seeking a “charging order” against Canada Post as part of its attempt to collect on a pay equity settlement.
Source: The Toronto Star
- Earlier news story
- Supreme Court of Canada judgment
- PSAC statement
- PSAC timeline of the dispute
- Canada Post pay equity site
- Canadian Human Rights Tribunal
- The Federal Court of Canada
- Earlier update
Questions for discussion:
- What is a charging order?
- Why is the union seeking one?
- Briefly summarize the history of this dispute.
- What does Canada Post say about the alleged delay?
- Do you think Canada Post has acted fairly in this dispute? Explain.