Description: The Canadian Auto Workers union is trying again to organize workers at Toyota plants in Ontario.
Source: The Globe and Mail
Questions for discussion:
- What reasons does this story give for the CAW wanting to organize Toyota and Honda workers?
- What happened in past attempts to organize Toyota workers?
- Consult your text: what rules govern an organizing drive like this?
- If you were a union organizer, what reasons would you give for joining the CAW?
- What arguments do you think someone opposed to this drive might offer?