Description: Former Canadian Auto Workers head Buzz Hargrove says the NHL Players’ Association shouldn’t have agreed to meet with team owners without the association’s executive director.
- Donald Fehr speaks to the CAW
- Two sides still in contact after talks break off
- Earlier update
Questions for discussion:
- Why does Hargrove refer to these talks as an “amateur hour”?
- What does Hargrove believe may be needed to reach a settlement?
- Consult your textbook and make a list of the advantages to such an approach.
- Now make a list of the disadvantages.
- Based on what you have learned in this course, what do you think should be done to reach a settlement?