Description: Air Canada flight attendants are unhappy after an arbitrator imposed a contract they had previously rejected.
Source: The Toronto Star
Questions for discussion:
- Summarize the steps that took place after the flight attendants rejected the most recent tentative agreement.
- Why did the arbitrator impose the terms of the second contract on the parties?
- What did the two sides ask for during the arbitration?
- The arbitrator found that government intervention did not harm the union. Do you agree?
- The arbitrator also found that the imposed settlement is similar to what would have been decided if the collective bargaining process had been allowed to run its course. What do you think?