Description: Instructors and unionized staff at the Saskatchewan Institute of Applied Science and Technology have ended a strike – at least temporarily – and have entered mediation.
Source: The Regina Leader-Post
- Earlier CBC story
- The Saskatchewan Government and General Employees’ Union
- SIAST site with updates on job action
- The Saskatchewan Institute of Applied Science and Technology
Questions for discussion:
- What are the main issues in this strike?
- Why did the union return to work?
- Why was the union reluctant to enter mediation earlier?
- What does the mediation agreement say?
- How far apart are the two sides on pay?