Description: Federal Labour Minister Lisa Raitt has announced she will introduce legislation to end the Canada Post lockout.
Source: Canadian Business
- Globe and Mail profile of Lisa Raitt
- Postmedia story
- CBC story
- The Canadian Union of Postal Workers
- Canada Post
- Earlier update
Questions for discussion:
- What arguments can you think of in favour of introducing back-to-work legislation in this dispute?
- What arguments can you think of against introducing back-to-work legislation in this dispute?
- What effect do you think this move will have on long-term labour relations at Canada Post?
- How is this dispute similar to the Air Canada dispute?
- How does it differ?