Description: Striking Air Canada workers will be voting on a new contract after the federal government introduced back-to-work legislation in the Commons.
Source: The Windsor Star
- Postmedia story
- Globe and Mail story about bargaining and pensions
- CBC story
- CAW Airline Local 2002
- Earlier update
- Air Canada
Questions for discussion:
- What can you say about the timing of this strike?
- Why do you think the government introduced back-to-work legislation in this dispute more quickly than in the Canada Post dispute?
- What do you think would have happened if the government had not introduced back-to-work legislation?
- What effect do you think the back-to-work legislation will have on long-term labour relations at Air Canada?
- What happens if the workers do not ratify the contract?