Description: Members of the Canadian Union of Postal Workers began rotating strikes following the expiration of 72-hour strike notice.
- Toronto Sun opinion piece
- Letter to the editor, Ottawa Citizen
- The Canadian Union of Postal Workers
- Canada Post
- June 1 update
- May 24 update
Question for discussion:
- What is the difference between a rotating strike and a normal strike?
- Why would a union choose to hold rotating strikes rather than an all-out strike?
- List some of the considerations that would go into a decision to hold a rotating strike.
- Read the letter to the editor and the opinion piece above. Which arguments do you find the most persuasive?
- Are there significant points that the two writers don’t address?