Description: Unifor Local 2000 has filed an employment standards complaint involving animators on the R-rated movie Sausage Party.
Questions for discussion:
• What is the animators’ complaint?
• Consult your text: what is employment standards legislation?
• Are these animators unionized? Does that make them unusual in the film business?
• What does the B.C. Employment Standards Act say about “high technology professionals”?
• Why do you think Unifor Local 2000 would act on behalf of people who are not members?