Description: The Supreme Court of Canada has agreed to hear a case involving the B.C. Teachers’ Federation and the provincial government.
Source: The Vancouver Sun
Questions for discussion:
• What did Judge Griffin rule in 2014?
• What did the B.C. Court of Appeal rule?
• Consult your text: what does it mean to bargain in bad faith?
• What are some of the potential implications of the Supreme Court of Canada’s eventual ruling?
• What are some other recent cases involving industrial relations that have come before the Supreme Court of Canada?