Description: The Alberta Federation of Labour is urging the provincial government to bring in a law that would require retail employers to have a minimum of two employees on late-night shifts.
Source: Global News
Questions for discussion:
• What does the Alberta Federation of Labour say the proposed law should require?
• Consult your text: what is the role of a labour federation?
• Given that most retail employees working night shifts alone do not belong to unions, why do you think the AFL is asking for this law?
• Have you or anyone you know ever worked a solo night shift?
• What do you think about the AFL’s proposal?