Description: Six former presidents of the Nova Scotia Teachers Union are urging members to reject a new tentative agreement.
- Halifax Chronicle-Herald story
- CBC story
- Chronicle-Herald column
- Nova Scotia education ministry
Questions for discussion:
- Why are the former union presidents opposed to this tentative agreement?
- What is “unprecedented” about the way the union’s negotiators handled this tentative deal?
- Consult the Related Links. What does the tentative agreement include?
- What concessions have the two sides made?
- The term “union boss,” used in this story’s headline, is often thought to be disparaging – invoking images of corruption. What does the term mean to you? Discuss.